Simon's Atmosphere Adventure!
Simon's latest adventure is up in the air, literally!
Come for a ride on his space elevator, and have a close look at everything between you and the darkness of space.
You'll find out when you shouldn't get on a helicopter, and why the Ozone layer is so cool.
This is also your free ticket to natures greatest show, lightning!
Join Simon in his Atmosphere Adventure!
Here's a link to a fantastic info graphic and a page full of excellent information about the atmosphere.
Here's another excellent page that will explain all the different clouds for you.
8 Fascinating Facts about The Earth's Atmosphere
- 99% of the atmosphere's water is in the Troposphere where we live
- Almost all the Earth's weather exists in the 12 km thick troposphere.
- Jet fighters love the Stratosphere because of its thin air and low turbulence
- The temperature in the Stratosphere actually increases as you go higher thanks to the ozone layer.
- Ozone smells like chlorine or burning wires.
- The Mesosphere is most meteors burn up, there are no clouds above the Mesosphere.
- Lightning is just a big version of the static electricity you get when you take off your sweater. (A very big version)
- Lightning is 30,000 times faster than a bullet and 6 times hotter than the sun!